Welcome to CSpell
A Spell Checker for Code!
cspell is a command line tool and library for spell checking code.
Support Future Development
- Become a Patreon!
- Support through
- Spell Checks Code – Able to spell check code by parsing it into words before checking against the dictionaries.
- Supports CamelCase, snake_case, and compoundwords naming styles.
- Self contained – does not depend upon OS libraries like Hunspell or aspell. Nor does it depend upon online services.
- Fast – checks 1000’s of lines of code in seconds.
- Programming Language Specific Dictionaries – Has dedicated support for:
- Customizable – supports custom dictionaries and word lists.
- Continuous Integration Support – Can easily be added as a linter to Travis-CI.
CSpell was initially built as the spell checking service for the spell checker extension for Visual Studio Code.
CSpell for Enterprise
Available as part of the Tidelift Subscription.
The maintainers of CSpell and thousands of other packages are working with Tidelift to deliver commercial support and maintenance for the open source packages you use to build your applications. Save time, reduce risk, and improve code health, while paying the maintainers of the exact packages you use. Learn more.
npm install -g cspell
cspell "src/**/*.js" # or cspell lint "src/**/*.js"
See: Getting Started
|cspell||6.x||14.x||In Active Development||TBD|
|cspell||5.x||12.x||Security and bug fixes||2023-05-01|
|cspell||4.x||10.x||Paid support only1||2022-05-01|